Unlike Hong Kong, Taiwan does NOT have an investment visa or capital entrant scheme. However, a foreign national who has held an ARC for at least 3 or 5 years may be eligible to apply for permanent residence (an Alien Permanent Residence Card [Plum Blossom Card])

by investing NTD 15 million in a for-profit enterprise and creating at least 5 jobs in the past 5 years OR investing NTD 30 million in a Government approved fund over the past 5 years. For more details, please refer to Chapter 6 of the Book: “Visa, ARC and Work Permit Issues”.